Thursday, 3 November 2016

Etain Retail Store Review

Etain is is a small, independently owned retailer of lingerie, underwear, sleepwear, and loungewear. It is located in Portland, ME. 




When I first walked in, the salesperson greeted me and asked me if I was looking for anything in particular. I asked to try out some bras by Fortnight, Lonely Lingerie, Claudette, and Tutti Rouge. 

Their selection of bras is really good for a small store. Etain is only about as large as Forty Winks yet the size selection and the brand selection are phenomenal. They carry styles in 28A-D, 30A-38G, and 40A-42DD. The main size range was 30A-38G though so the selection of 28, 40, and 42 band bras was a bit sparse. I'm not complaining though since the core size range that they offer is great. The brands they offer include TLBC, Fortnight, Lonely Lingerie, Lilipiache, Gossard, Claudette, Tutti Rouge, Panache, and Curvy Kate. 

The Fortnight selection was standard: a collection of Miras, Vegas, and Lunas, all fitting the way Fortnight bras ought to fit which means true to size. I found out here that Lonely Lingerie isn't what it's all cracked up to be; the salesperson said they tend to run 1 cup volume large...I found that all the Lonely Lingerie styles I tried did indeed run 1 cup volume large, except for 1 style which ran 1 cup volume small. In short, I do not recommend Lonely Lingerie. I did try a wonderful bra by the indie brand Lilipiache; it was a beatiful bralette and I look forward to seeing more offerings from this brand. 

Prices at this store varied a lot: anywhere from $20 to $110.

Verdict: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment